![]() |
| "I got it!" |
Today I found a walnut in the shell in Isaac's pants drawer. He was standing in front of the drawer, anxious and fretting and looking in over and over again. There was also a big bumpy rock he had put in there, heavy enough to go under the mess of pants and out of his sight. He was very distressed, until I fished it out, then he was very happy.
Later I heard him in his room talking and talking and arguing and cajoling. He was trying to put his grey karate style sweatpants on his head.
He carries around our yellow and black tape measure like he's planning on doing some measuring, and then takes both the benadryl and neosporin tubes out of the cupboard and into the bath.
After the bath, he has a tradition involving a very calming and lovely photo that my stepfather took of wooden chair and a daisy: I lift him out of the bath, wrap him in his striped towel, and then he reaches up and takes the photo off the wall for a while and considers it. I always worry he'll drop it into the tub of warm water but so far, thank goodness, he hasn't.

No comments:
Post a Comment