Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tooth Brushin' Blues

This article from the NY Times has got me worried!
Preschoolers in Surgery for a Mouthful of Cavities 

The many personalities of teeth!

I'm feeling very remiss. Every night I try to brush his small chompers, but to a frustratingly sad outcome. Isaac clamps his little mouth shut, and all my cajoling is to no avail. I've tried brushing my own teeth to get him to want to copy. I've tried singing silly tooth brushing songs. I've tried letting him use my or his daddy's toothbrushes, which are way more exciting than his own.

I get a few swipes if we're lucky. And he loves the little brushes as nifty little objects, but much prefers to do my teeth (much too roughly), or the surface of the bathtub, rather than his own.

Ok, so the Times has given me a kick in the pants. Tonight, we brush!

No comments:

Post a Comment