Monday, August 12, 2013

Imaginary Friends


Where is Sissy's ride?

When I asked Isaac to sing me a song in the car, he told me that he would, but he could only sing one song because he was pretty busy. "I have to pick up a jumparoo for Sissy's baby sister at 9 o'clock, so I'm pretty busy right now." I didn't know Sissy had a baby sister! I didn't even know Sissy up until a month ago.

Now I'm learning more about her every day. Sissy is his best friend now, and she does some crazy stuff! Especially when he can't fall asleep at naptime. Earlier this week he shouted from his room, "Mommy! I want to tell you the crazy thing Sissy did! She climbed down the side of my crib and jumped into the wall and went all the way down her new porch stairs and into the street and into her house and into her own bed without scooting or waking up at all!!"  One week before, on an especially raucous no-nap day, he shouted with glee, "Hey mommy! We're having a birthday party, will you join us and sing happy birthday?"

Yesterday I learned that Sissy has a mom named Tessie. Tessie hung out with Isaac in his crib yesterday when he couldn't nap and Sissy had ridden her bicycle home all by herself. I learned that Sissy's baby sister's name is Ter-hion. When I was holding his real baby sister, Isaac was holding Sissy's baby sister, though he decided to put her in the stroller because he couldn't catch a ball and hold her at the same time. Sissy isn't always nice to her baby sister. Over the weekend Isaac told me, "Sissy is in time out for biting her baby sister, Mommy."

I asked him today what it was like playing with Sissy. He said it was fun and comfortable. I asked him where Sissy was, and he said like I should have known, "She's in the crib! Can you take her out?"

So I did, and she was way easier to pick up than Isaac!


1 comment: