Thursday, November 7, 2013

Toddler Meltdown Miracle Cure

LOVE!

Seriously. I think I'm onto something here. And today was a day of major meltdowns, so I had lots of practice.

List of meltdowns:

1. For a lollypop, during dinner
2. For how to take off a necklace
3. For breast pump parts
4. For tractor wheels taken off on the toddler bed. I took them off on the floor and was not forgiven.

Except for the last one, I cured him of all his manias by telling him I loved him. And reminding him that he was my favorite boy in the world, and hugging him like crazy. When I put him on my lap after the lollypop meltdown, he became a completely changed kid. 

I told Jeremy about it, and he said he thought it worked because it no longer is a battle of wills. And it did really feel like we were on the same side. It felt good to tell him that I loved him rather than that he was making me nuts.

And it made me love him more.


No comments:

Post a Comment