Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Three Year Old Poetry

The poet, trying to smile on command.

Yesterday as he ate his snack, messily, as usual,

Hey Mamaa? There are tears of lime yogurt dropping down my face.

This morning, talking about the crust he had pulled off his toast, after I talked about wringing out a towel,

We've got to wring this dead branch of toast.

The other day as he was giving me a strong hug,

I have this machine, vmmmmm! And I'm machining you into love.

Also on the love theme, this time about his little sister,

I'm going to knock Noa into love.

And while I was trying to get him to "add" his pee-pee to the potty,

How about I add myself to you for a hug?

2 comments:

  1. How is it even possible that one person (regardless of age) can be so sweet, funny, and beautifully poetic?! These are keepers.

    ReplyDelete