Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Goodbye Grandma Nina

I feel a little funny calling her Grandma Nina because she was Jeremy's grandmother. But she was the kind of Grandma so full of love and blessings and worries about whether or not you are dressed warmly enough, that it seemed there was enough to go around, so I got to call her Grandma Nina too.

She died last night.

Jeremy says there is now a huge hole where she once stood as a rock. She was the center of gravity for his family. We tried to visit her every weekend, if that gives you any idea of how much she was loved.

I remember her stroking my pregnant belly and telling Isaac that he had very dopey parents because we had visited her so late (8:30pm) at night. She said we were dopey dopes, but that he would be very smart.

Her yiddish flowed onto small Isaac, "Shayna punim. Tattela. Shayna kinda. Zeezun kinder."
And then to us, and anyone else in the room, "I love him! I love him. I love him!"

Grandma Nina, 94 and Isaac, 7 days


We love you too! We love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment