My aunt died in December, a little while after she told me that Isaac looked like Alfred Hitchcock.
Grandma Nina died 2 weeks ago.
Jeremy's great aunt died too, before Grandma Nina, but nobody told Grandma Nina because they didn't want to upset her.
My step-brother's grandfather died one month ago.
I keep thinking about how when a person dies, they take nothing with them.
My aunt left her piles of papers behind in her kitchen, high heels in her bedroom closet, a tuxedo cat, her full Bottega Veneta purse.
What did we do with the purse?
Meanwhile, Isaac is living like crazy. Soaking up and sputtering out, zooming and clapping. Here's a video of his latest playground trick:
That's an amazing trick! So brave of you to let him go head first. I'm truly impressed. I had some three year olds that wouldn't go down a slide because it was scary to them. I especially like seeing his whopper of a hiney fade away to his next trick.
ReplyDelete