| About to say something. |
"Bouce!" I asked him what a bouce was and he said with a big smile, "A bouce is a bunch of girls!"
We were driving to Queens and had to make a turn through a crazy intersection where the traffic light was broken. Jeremy zoomed around at just the right time and I said, "Yaay Daddy!!", to which Isaac responded, "Was he co-oppa-waiting!?"
At the beach in the cool water, Isaac called out to the world, "Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh water, oh sky! Oh boats!, Oh fish! Oh swimming! Everything is Oh! Oh! Oh!"
We were talking about the house down the block where they were putting on a new roof. I was explaining about siding, and beams and how maybe he would see them when we walked by, and he said, "I hope the workers are wearing a shirt."
Oh my gosh, that last one is too funny. What was going on in his head, to think about them shirtless or not? Oh! Oh! Oh Isaac!
ReplyDeleteIsaac worries about people if they aren't fully dressed. We were walking behind a gal wearing some short shorts and he said (loudly), "Why isn't that girl wearing pants!?" And we had walked by that house being worked on the day before and it was lunch break and one guy was sitting there without a shirt. Isaac was worried, for days I guess!
ReplyDeleteI suspected I'd find comments from a bouce.
ReplyDeleteIsaac did his part, yes -- but that is some damn fine storytelling, Eva.
ReplyDeleteGreat visual as well.
ReplyDeleteThe "oh" portion reminds me of the end of a fabulous short story by Josephine Johnson titled "Alexander to the Park." (Found in The Sorcerer's Son or in Best American Short Stories, 1942)
ReplyDelete