| I've been seeing this face a lot lately. |
"Love the child most when they are most difficult to love."
I just found this. It is advice passed on from one momma's great-great grandmother. I wish this great-great grandmother were by my side right now.
It's been really hard lately with Isaac and Noa. Really hard. My patience is so incredibly thin, and Isaac keeps scratching through it over and over again, leaving me really raw.
So I just did a little retail therapy and bought Unconditional Parenting, and Love and Anger: The Parental Dilemma
I also vow to get more sleep, and maybe even a little exercise. Everything I've read says feeling like you are about to lose it is usually because your own person's needs are being majorly ignored. Mine are being ignored so much, I'm not even sure who I am these days.
Sorry for being such a downer, but as Isaac told me yesterday when I was upset, "It's okay momma, some days are just like that."
Oh Eva, I hope you find some Eva-time soon! I wish I was nearer to offer some actual support, instead of just words.
ReplyDeleteThank you Susan! I wish you were near too, but hey, words are better than nuthin'. Really.
ReplyDeletei miss you in fort greene! i know we still live close and i would love to come visit soon. but it was so nice when we would just bump into each other in the park and could talk about this stuff in person. i hope you've had some eva time since writing this in july!
ReplyDeletexoxox