I talked to a little girl at the coop on Friday, and though she is not Isaac, she was cute enough to inspire a blog post. I wish my camera had been with me, but since it was not, I will give you a mental photo.
On the check-out counter, there were 4 wooden boxes of baby strawberries, 3 bosc pears, and a bunch of organic lemons. The man buying the fruits had gone to find a box, and a little girl wearing a big pink round bicycle helmet pops up from where he had just been. The helmet comes far down, almost to her brown and smiley eyes. She plops a 4 pack of juice boxes on the counter next to the fruits and says to me, with a voice full of pride,
"I'm here with my dad." (I didn't realize the man was her dad)
"Well, that's good." (my unoriginal answer)
"And my mom." (with even more pride, and fairness)
"That's nice" (very boring again, I know.)
"They watched my actee-vee-teees (activities)" (Is that so!?)
Oooh, I started to laugh! (Her pronunciation cracked me up)
"Not funny." she answered (very serious)
That was pretty much it. But it certainly made an impression!
No comments:
Post a Comment