This is communication in a foreign country. Both of us are using hand signals and emphatic pronunciation of vowels.
"Whaats wrooong, little guy?",
"Baaaa, Baaaa, aaaaaah"
"Whhyyyy you so maaad?",
"mmmmmnnaaaaaa"
"C'mooon, buck up, little bukcaroo!"
"Daaaa-daaaaa"
and on, and on, and on.
Right now he's continuing on in his crib, "ih, ih, eh-eh, and aa-aaaaaaa".
If I peek in, I'll see him pushed all the way to the back of the crib since that is his latest trick: the backwards scoot.
I think he's tired. But that is pretty much always my excuse when I can't figure anything else out. Shoot, I'm tired too, and if he naps then both of us will get to nap, and that will be a beautiful thing.
| unhappy baby and middling cat |
Update: one big poop later, he's sitting on my lap as I type, eating his daddy's business card. You'd never know he was such a crab-apple 15 minutes ago.
Isaac, you are as mercurial as the sky! You are ever changing into interesting and sometimes exasperating formations.
No comments:
Post a Comment