Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beauteous Buns!!

Isaac's buns:  I find them so very irresistible!
His buns are why I stayed up too late the night before last (I'm still tired), immersed in cloth diapers from the website, Preston's Pants.   Please understand that a momma such as myself spends an unbelievable amount of time doing and undoing diaper-pants.  By online shopping late into the night, I was standing up for my artistic sense and state of mind!

Isaac's Pants

Preston's Pants is run by a delightful momma to 3 (Preston being one of them) named Colleen.  She lives in Pennsylvania (I imagine countryside?) and makes the best cloth diapers I have ever seen.  The one the wee Isaac is modelling above and below (on the nice green sort of grass/sort of clover of the Pratt Art Institute), I found at a consignment shop, thus beginning my lovely diaper obsession. 
Seriously, these bun-coverings are like fine little gems, works of art.

check out the gathers!
I am still not done bestowing the virtues of Preston's Pants!  Most of the pants are made custom, so you get to pick all the fabrics and snaps yourself!  Its like being a momma in a fabric shop.  Especially exciting since there has been no time for this momma to go to a fabric shop. 
My "fluffy", as she calls them (because their baby-buns look extra fluffy while wearing cloth!) will arrive in the next few weeks because custom takes a little longer, as I feel it should.
In the meanwhile I will make do (or Isaac will make doo! ha!) with the mass produced ones whose snaps don't even work.
I'm almost done, just one more thing:  Her diapers only cost 5 bucks more.  I'll stop proselytizing now.  The End.  Or really, the beginning!, of the cutest buns ever.

We look to the future...


3 comments:

  1. Hi Eva

    Colleen sent me your link, Congrads on the blog. Funny I referred to her diapers as a work of art the other day too,I have had her diapers for over a year and they are still flawless, never thought I would enjoy cloth diapering so much,but she makes it easy :). Thanks for the recipe and the use of Agave nectar,I will look forward to using this once I locate it for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ebony, for being my very first comment! That's a big moment in a new bloggerette's life! :) Health-food stores will usually have Agave. It can be a little pricey, but its so very yummy - to me it sort of tastes like caramelized sugar. Let me know how you like the mousse,
    best wishes,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I was wrong...I should have said, the first comment from someone I didn't know before :)

    ReplyDelete